Monday 7 September 2009

A Private Birthday

Birthday is the time when I can spend the day enjoying whatever I like to do without feeling guitly. Almost. Although in the earlier afternoon, I was still busily replying work emails. Anyway, nothing beats a more happy birthday than having a private celebration with Gary.

He turns up with a bouquet of fresh pink roses. Even though everytime I told him not to waste money. But he always replies as long as you like it. *Smilezz* He came with groceries for my home and more milk to make my daily milo. Other than managing my design label, I am quite hopeless in managing other daily aspects of my life. While Gary will always know what is running out in my house. *Smilezz"

Then in the evening, he brought me to this very cosy Italian restaurant La Noce which we have not been before. This was very refreshing to me. Even 3 years in the relationship, he still pays attention to what I say. As I told him recently, we should hunt for interesting eating places as I am getting bored with the usual suspects. *Smilezz*

The restaurant is not lavish but I like the homely feel of the restauarant with its brick walls, shelves of wine and warm lighting. As though you have been invited to dinner to the house of an Italian friend. I heard Gary said the cuisine is done in Southern Italian style. *Smilezz*


Carpacio di Manzo. Tender beef shredded to amazingly thin slices with balsamic dressing


Zuppa di Pesce. My favourite!! The soup packs a punch and the flavour still lingers in my mouth.

Linguine Della Zio. Seafood pasta in aglio oglio. I find it a tad too sticky


Gnocchetti di Patate al Formaggi e Noci. Italian dumplings in potent mix of cheese. Gary's order.


Panna Cotta. Taste is just nice without being overly sweet. Will be better if it is heartshape :)

And after the dinner, we went to watch the movie I have been waiting for. Coco Before Chanel. It really gave an insight into the designer Coco Chanel's private life. A pity not many designs are shown in the show.

I went home at 4am that night with some midnight shopping at Mustaffa! Because Gary says we can go back however late I want and enjoy myself on my birthday. The only thing missing for the night was him in a dashing suit and bow tie. *Smilezz*

1 comment:

Minuet Pearl said...

Happy belated birthday! Glad that you enjoyed your big day with lots of SMILEZZ :)