Sunday 27 September 2009

Tokyo cuisine

Actually to be honest, most of the time I didnt know what to eat or what I was eating. There are no English words, the staff speak zero English and the only clue was the pictures on the menu and some food sense. When I had craving to eat spicy food, I had to choose image of ramen with a darker and redder soup base hoping it is hot and spicy. But always I didnt get what I expected. But the food was still enjoyable. And 1 bowl usually costs $10 bucks at least. I think Japanese do not really fancy foreign food. I seldom see any foreign cuisine except 1 indian restaurant in the 3rd day and pasta is probably the most well loved imported cuisine there. The Japanese pasta there are "tomato-nised" and very creamy.

We arrived very late in Tokyo and was really famished. I chanced upon this ramen shop in Shibuya with my friend. And both of us are amazed that we have to order our food from the vending machine.

A ticket with your meal is dispensed out.



After which, you wait for food to be served. Well this is really salty and it is not spicy as I hoped. 780 yen

This shop was closed to our disappointment but their desserts display is surely very enticing!

Lunch was 45 minutes before we had to rush back to gather. So we found this sushi restaurant at Otomosando and hoped right in.

Thats what we ordered based on some food sense. And I like the one on the left and chawanmushi.


Chawanmushi is different from Sg. It doesnt have chicken meat but it has prawns. And when it is gulped down hot, it is really comfort food at its best.

This seafood pasta with soup is very yummy! The pasta was al dente. The seafood so fresh and the soup so creamy but not sticky. I discovered this while exploring on my own. It was so good that I brought my friend to eat it the next day and she relished it too. 1100 yen

One night there was a dinner hosted by Spring and Parco. And our responsibility was just to eat whatever they ordered.

However, all Japanese sushi comes with Wasabi in the rice which I dont really fancy the taste. So I just ate what was on top! :)



I like the green tea cake or do you call this mochi aka Japanese kueh? It is very light and refreshing.

Pasta chain there. I like it clean and fast and the pasta are very presentable. I had to gulped down my hot tomato pasta in 15 minutes. Lunches there are always so rush as we have to gather with a big group at a certain time to move to another place.

On the last day, we came upon this restaurant and it was the most satisfying and memorable meal experience! It is like Ma Maison but the food is 10 times better and 1/3 the price.

too hungry to wait for photo taking. Appetisers. We had a meaterian meal.

My friend Chantal ordered this and it came sizzling on a hot plate. The beef was dancing on the gravy.

I ordered this combo sizzler which was 1 side chicken and another side pork I think. I never regret it. Although I was kinda worried about what I will be served as the waitress didnt seem to understand me and I could only do hilarious sign language with her. We were dead tired after 1 whole day of walking. But I could find myself dancing on cloud 9 after eating this. The gravy poured on the Japanese rice was heavenly. If there is one last food that I must eat, this must be it.

Cosy space. Regretted not taking their namecard. I hope I can remember how to get there the next time I go. It is outside Shinjuku station.

No comments: