Thursday 13 August 2009

Romance is ...

As you mature, romance takes on a new meaning especially when time becomes a luxury commodity other than money. 5 years back, flowers and fancy dining in a posh restaurant wld send me over the moon. I even received flowers air flown from London before. Now it still makes me smile but perhaps the impact it has on me is not as great.

Romance now to me is being able to enjoy wine over board games after work.
Romance is exploring recipes and baking cakes together during a lazy Sunday afternoon.
Romance is holding hands in a foreign land like you just knew each other yesterday.
Romance is dancing in each other's arms.
Romance is gazing at the moon together on a beach without having to rush for the last bus.(I even painted this image before on a canvas!)
Romance is about accompanying him to look at fishies and asking him 101 questions even though they are boring.
Romance is writing and reading poetry together.
Romance is falling asleep on his tummy while he watches Discovery Channel. (I like falling asleep on people whom I trust:))))
Romance is painting the wall of your new house with a bear and bunny watching the moon together.
Romance is exploring something new together with a flower in your heart, in this world of uncertainties and insecurities.

Most importantly, romance is being able to face life together everyday positively despite all the challenges. Because romance like companionship should last a lifetime.

No comments: